At the beginning of December 2022 the Library of Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw (UKSW) has implemented the latest Alma library system and the Primo search tool, which provides quick access to print and electronic resources.
Primo Search Engine is available at: https://katalog.biblioteka.uksw.edu.pl.
The Primo provides one-stop searching for:
- UKSW Library catalogue – traditional (paper collections) and electronic resources (almost 40 subscription databases and over 280 free databases),
- Union catalogues of the National Library of Poland (a living database with new materials added every day, comprising over 25 million collection items).
There are several tabs in the top menu bar (above the search box) which gives quick access to additional search options.
- UKSW LIBRARY CATALOGUE – allows to return at any moment to the Library’s Main Page and start a new search.
- JOURNAL SEARCH – leads to the catalogue of both print copies held by the library and journals subscribed to by UKSW that are available online as well as to the open access journals.
- INDEX – displays the Browse Search tile, which includes a drop-down list for browsing Bibliographic headings of the following types: Tile, Author, Series, and Subject.
- E-RESOURCES – takes directly to a website listing all the full-text databases subscribed to by UKSW.
- IIL REQUEST UKSW – (Interlibrary Loan) allows you to obtain information on the possibility of requesting materials from other libraries (across the country and from abroad).
- UKSW KNOWLEDGE BASE – leads directly to the University’s system that collects and disseminates information about the publications of UKSW employees and doctoral students.
Click ‘…‘ (the ellipsis character) to display the menu in full-screen mode with additional subpages.
There are several elements, including:
- SWW – a link to the website, where you can find detailed information about The Warsaw Reciprocal Borrowing Programme (BiblioWawa).
- PURCHASE SUGGESTIONS – a link enabling users to make a purchase request for any title by filling in a blank Purchase Request Form. Signing in to a library account is a prerequisite.
- ARCHIVE OF DIPLOMA THESES – a link to bibliography and abstracts database of diploma theses defended at the UKSW.
- DIGITIZATION SERVICE – Paid service provided by the UKSW Library Digitization Laboratory. Scans can be ordered.
- TAGS – lists of the most popular and recently added tags (free keywords describing collections).
The implementation of the Alma system and Primo search engine in our Library was carried out by the National Library of Poland.
Subsidised by funds from the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage as part of the implementation of the National Reading Development Programme 2.0 for 2021-2025.